Fun group games & activities are one of the most powerful ways to develop team skills
One of the most powerful ways to improve the productivity of a group of people to is to involve them in a series of team-building and problem-solving activities. These type of activities are fun, engaging and invite people to behave in ways that mirror their natural inclinations.
Groups that choose to develop team skills are often rewarded in many ways. Certainly, those which invest the time and resources to develop their team skills will see a marked improvement in their overall performance. Most groups also report increases in their satisfaction on many levels – greater participation, improved morale and stronger relationships.
How To Develop Team Skills Successfully
There is an art and a science to the design and delivery of team-building programs. The most successful programs which intentionally aim to build and strengthen relationships often feature:
- A series of carefully-sequenced experiential-based activities;
- A program design that embraces a powerful philosophical framework, which is fun, honours choice and values everyone’s contribution;
- Opportunities for leadership, trust, communication and group co-operation to emerge;
- Frequent opportunities for the group to reflect on what they have experienced and learned;
- Elements of challenge, risk and adventure (ie unexpected outcomes;) and
- Focus on the process, and not just the task at hand.
If you are interested in learning dozens of creative group initiatives, take a look at our fun team-building activities.
Activities & Resources To Develop Team Skills
The images below provide links to a sample of fun, engaging and highly successful teambuilding exercises which are drawn from playmeo’s innovative activity database.
Enjoy browsing to your heart’s content.
If you’re not yet a playmeo subscriber, sign-up today to unlock hundreds more group games and activities just like these.