Team-building & problem-solving activities involve whole-of-group participation, focusing on developing practical group problem-solving, leadership, communication & teamwork skills.
These team-building problem-solving activities, sometimes called group initiatives, are ideal for groups of young people and adults, new and existing teams, and often stimulate significant growth for a group, especially if they are provided with an opportunity to reflect on their experience upon completion.
Essential Characteristics of Problem-Solving Activities
Team-building problem-solving activities provide an opportunity for groups to communicate, co-operate and compromise with each other as they solve one or more problems as a team. Group initiatives often feature:
- Physical and verbal interaction among group members to solve problems;
- High levels of arousal, excitement and frustration, where patience is often required;
- Opportunities for leadership, trust, communication and group co-operation to emerge;
- Employ a ‘trial-and-error’ approach to learning; and
- Focus on the process, and not just the task at hand.
If you are particularly interested in creative, lateral-thinking exercises, take a look at our fun team-building puzzles.
Team-Building & Problem-Solving Activity Ideas
The images below provide links to a sample of fun, engaging and highly successful teambuilding exercises which are drawn from playmeo’s innovative activity database.
Enjoy browsing to your heart’s content.
If you’re not yet a playmeo member, join today to unlock hundreds more group games and activities just like these.