Inspire creativity & innovation with dozens of fun & playful group activities
Creativity and innovation are key drivers of the global economy. In today’s highly competitive and automated world, a creative spirit and the capacity to innovate are fast becoming pre-requisites of personal and professional success.
Creativity is a way of living and makes life infinitely more interesting and fulfilling. Creative people invent, imagine, problem-solve and communicate in fresh new ways.
The seeds of creative thought live in everyone, but some individuals are more fortunate than others because their imagination has been nurtured and grown to become strong personal traits. It is fair to say that groups which fail to create and innovate will be under-prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
Creativity Occurs in Many Forms
The ability to create something new is more than just thinking outside the box. Creativity demands vision, persuasion and wisdom. This can challenge some people, so it requires your careful and thoughtful facilitation to stimulate the creative energies of your group.
Opportunities to embrace a creative mindset may occur in many places in your program including:
- Inviting your group to participate in one or more group activities which inspire innovative and creative thoughts and action.
- Viewing all challenges as opportunities for growth, eg failure as a platform for success.
- Using a wide range of creative techniques to generate new ideas, eg brainstorming, Edward de Bono’s Six Thinking Hats technology, etc.
- Truly listening to new ideas and / or those you disagree with.
- Spending time alone, to contemplate and recharge.
Fun Activities Which Help Develop Creative Skills
The images below provide links to a sample of fun group activities which may help you develop creativity and innovation, drawn from playmeo’s searchable activity database.
Enjoy browsing to your heart’s content.
If you’re not yet a playmeo subscriber, register today to unlock hundreds more group games and activities just like these.