Team-building activities for teenagers are a fun way to help them learn life skills that can shape them into well-rounded individuals as they mature into young adults.
For most teenagers, experimenting with new things and exploring the world is a natural part of growing up. Teenagers take many first steps and go through a phase of self-discovery, and as they are growing, they need guidance. Life skills must be introduced at this stage, when they can easily absorb anything they encounter.
Putting them in boring lectures or shoring them a slideshow about the importance of teamwork and communication won’t be effective. Teenagers can have incredible energy and selective attention, so you’ll have to do something fun to grab their attention — something like a team-building event.
Team-building activities can help teens become closer to one another by promoting positive interaction to build trust and cooperation. Learning teamwork skills early on will benefit them in any group and even as adults.
Types of Team-Building Activities for Teenagers
Group games are fun and easy ways to help teens practice how to express their thoughts and ideas, exercise their creative-thinking skills, and develop relationships. The experience of completing a group goal also aids in boosting their self-esteem.
Here are the types of team-building exercises we recommend for teens:
- Logic or Problem-Solving – involves solving a puzzle as a team;
- Challenging – similar to logic, but rather than working together to solve a puzzle, members will have to make difficult decisions;
- Communication – involves expressing ideas properly and listening to others to solve a problem;
- Planning and Adaptability – teaches members how to adapt quickly when their first plan doesn’t work;
- Fun – activities designed to break the ice and create bonds between people;
- Leadership – encourages participants to exercise and develop their leadership skills;
- Trust-building – involves building trust among team players.
Being able to work effectively with others is not only crucial amongst social groups in school or in the community, but also in the modern workplace.
Need some activities that promote fun and laughter? We recommend these fun group games for your next team-building event.
Team-building Activity Ideas for Teenagers
Below are team-building activities for teenagers from playmeo’s activity database. Enjoy browsing to your heart’s content.
If you’re not yet a playmeo member, join today to become one of the first to unlock 530+ group games and activities just like these.