Fun group games & activities are one of the most powerful ways to build trust and empathy
One of the best and most enjoyable ways to build the trust and empathy of a group is to involve them in a series of experiential-based group games and activities. These types of activities are naturally fun and engaging, and when presented as part of a carefully-sequenced program of experiences, can positively build and strengthen relationships.
Research clearly shows that groups which invest the time and resources to intentionally build trust and empathy will see a marked improvement in their overall performance. Happily, most groups also report increases in their satisfaction on many levels – greater participation, improved morale and wellbeing.
How To Build Trust & Empathy
There is an art and a science to the design and delivery of trust-building programs.
The most successful programs which intentionally aim to build and strengthen relationships often feature:
- A series of carefully-sequenced experiential-based activities;
- Facilitation which embraces a powerful philosophical framework, that is fun, honours choice and values everyone’s contribution;
- Opportunities for leadership, trust, communication and group co-operation to emerge;
- Frequent opportunities for the group to reflect on what they have experienced, how they felt and what they learned;
- Elements of challenge, risk and adventure (ie unexpected outcomes;) and
- Focus on the process, and not just the task at hand.
Activities Which Build Trust and Empathy
The images below provide links to a sample of fun, engaging and challenging group activities which focus on building trust, drawn from playmeo’s popular activity database.
Enjoy browsing to your heart’s content.
If you’re not yet a playmeo subscriber, sign-up today to unlock hundreds more group games and activities just like these.